Saturday, October 6, 2007

Its a Meatloaf Emergency!

I have let people leave my class early for the following reasons:
A sick child
Spitting up blood
A funeral
A wedding

So, today, God Lady (see previous posts) asks me if she could leave class early.
Me: Why?
GL: I need to go home and make meatloaf and boil corn on the cob for my mother's birthday party.
Me: Meatloaf does not constitute an emergency, but we'll probably get out of class early today anyway.
GL: Okay, I see. I don't have a reason. I'm just the only one who can cook in my family.

You know, her disrespect would really get on my nerves if it wasn't so damn funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

see it as an immediate emergency. A whole family could starve and/or have to get take out due to her not cooking.

S.O.S.!

Anonymous said...

Between meatloaf and the kid spitting up blood, I really just don't know what to say, other than "WHAT THE?!?!?!"